HGV Driver – Class 1 – Uxbridge
- Sector: Rail
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Winnersh
- Salary: Competitive
Looking for the next step in your career? Join our team!
Readypower Rail Services is a growing rail plant hire company looking for a motivated HGV Class 1 Driver to support our operations. Based near Uxbridge, this is a full-time opportunity.
- To transport plant and associated equipment to pre-determined locations throughout the UK
- To follow the guidance given by the Transport Manager and undertake duties as required
- Ensure Vehicles are maintained and daily checks are completed and undertaken, and any faults are raised with the Transport and Service Managers
- Comply with all drivers hours, road transport directive legislation, and follow the highway code at all times
- Load and unload Vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times. For the right candidate, we will supply training.
- To act as a company ambassador when dealing with customers
- At least three years’ experience in a driving role within the transportation / plant hire industry (essential)
- Good knowledge and experience of driver’s working-hours legislation, tacho-graph procedures and other legal obligations
- Demonstrate route planning and map reading ability
- Trained and competent in the use of plant enabling that plant to be manoeuvred safely on/off a lorry (desirable)
- Full time
Benefits – all roles:
- Good competitive rates
- Shift bonus equating to an additional £5,000 per year (based on 5 shifts per week)
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Overtime available