Southampton Freightliner Train Lengthening (Phase 3) Blockade
Client: Colas Rail SRSA
Our client, Colas Rail, delivered a remodel of main line into freightliner terminal including piling foundations for new structures and removal of old signal gantry, 10 x units of S & C at maritime and 4 x S & C units at Redbridge. Plain line and 130m of drainage were installed and connected.
Readypower Group were able to utilise both the specialist civil engineering capability of Readypower Terrawise and the specialist RRV asset hire and support planning services of Readypower Rail Services, to support our client Colas Rail.
Readypower Terrawise undertook the specialist piling foundation works for new structures and removed a redundant signal gantry from site.
Readypower Rail Services supplied all operated RRVs and support POS planning services.
- Supply of a large amount of fleet to support these works including:
– 3no CAT D5 Dozers running on 3D GPS systems
– 2no Readypower Superbug 300 RRVs
– 2no Specialist off set Case CX135 drainage RRVs
– MOXAX and BSP Piling hammers
– Various grabs and attachments
- Achieving an accurate flat wide bed for a large S & C layout by using two GPS dozers in tandem
- Fast strip out and dig of large S & C layout using Superbug machines
- All foundation works undertaken under separate subcontract. Achieved in full using specialist piling attachments on RRVs supervised by Readypower Terrawise engineers
- No incidents or accidents
- All works delivered in full and on time
- Good use of innovative, environmentally friendly, and sustainable fleet solutions such as Superbugs and GPS Dozers to achieve the works
- Excellent communication with Colas management in the build up and execution of the works
“Readypower Group provided the project with specialist civil engineering assistance through Readypower Terrawise, and POS and RRV services through Readypower Rail Services. I was very pleased with the high level of customer service and professionalism through the duration of the works, and they contributed to a successful outcome and a happy client”
Senior Programme Delivery Manager SRSA
“Over the last 3 weeks we have commissioned a major re-signalling scheme that has involved many different disciplines. From my point of view I would just like to say thanks to Readypower and all your Operators and POS Reps, we haven’t had any issues and all your guys have given 100%”
Project Manager SRSA