COVID-19 Readypower Group Business Update
As we are griped in the midst of a global health crisis, I recognise the uncertainty that this brings to our employees, customers and suppliers. Readypower Group is working diligently to comply with all guidelines, meet demands and reduce risk, whilst continuing to provide essential services to the UK transport and infrastructure sector.
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister on 23rd March 2020, restricting the circumstances in which people may leave their homes, we successfully implemented sweeping change across our business:
- We redeployed 95% of office-based staff to home-based working. The transition to home-based working has gone smoothly, thanks to our recent investments in infrastructure, technology and the commitment and skill of our people.
- We introduced strict social distancing measures in our engineering facilities and on our sites.
- We provided additional protective equipment to front line staff, along with improved sanitisation facilities and processes.
With the changes to working practises Readypower remains open for business during these tough times and despite the challenges, continues to plan and invest for the future. We hope to ensure that as life slowly returns to ‘a new normal’, we are well positioned to continue to provide the best in class operated plant and specialist engineering services to our customers, throughout the UK:
- Continuous CAPEX programme seeing the arrival of various machines including the brand-new-to-market, “Superbug 300” – a machine that will significantly accelerate production on track renewal sites.
- Planned infrastructure investments, with two new operating centres opening soon: a new Welsh operating centre opening in Caldicot; and the North-West and Central operating centre being established in Warrington.
- Continuous investment in IT embracing digital technology to streamline practises.
I am extremely proud of Readypower and its people, and thankful for the dedication and sacrifice during these extraordinary times. Whilst the challenges are not over and we have some way to go before we emerge from this crisis, I am sure we will get through this together. I wish all our employees, customers, suppliers and extended rail colleagues the very best wishes.
Stay safe and well.
CEO Readypower Group